The Domus 3 is a pressure relieving mattress overlay designed predominantly for the community and home care environments.
The Domus 3 can either be used as a mattress overlay or for instances where the combined height of the overlay and existing foam mattress is an issue, a 7.6CM foam layer can be inserted into a specially designed pocket underneath the mattress. This allows it to be used as a stand alone system which will help enable the user comply with safety side height regulations.
The Domus 3 comes with ventilated micro low air loss cells designed to help with air circulation within the mattress, to aid with infection control and patient comfort.
Features and Benefits
- Alternating Therapeutic Mode: Continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates the air cells to allow for pressure redistribution over a ten minute cycle time.
- Low Pressure Alarm: Alerts the caregiver if there is a loss of air pressure in the mattress.
- Static Mode: Halts the alternating cycle of the mattress cells so that all cells inflate to the same pressure determined by the patient weight setting. This provides an even surface for the purposes of nursing procedures, after procedures or to act as a step down function before a patient is moved back onto a foam mattress.
- Mattress Cover: The cover is flame resistant to BS 7175 Crib 7 and has a host of features to aid with infection prevention including a 360 degree zip, white underside, vapour permeability, antimicrobial properties and is water resistant. The cover is four way stretch to offer greater pressure relief and comfort levels to the patient, it is also possible to launder the cover in a washing machine.
- Ventilated Low Air Loss: The center cells are ventilated to increase air flow around the inside of the mattress to aid with patient comfort and infection control.
Name: Domus Pressure Relieving Mattress Overlay
Product ID: DDOMU03-90cm